Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Activities for Early Finishers

In my classroom, students are constantly finishing activities at different speeds. Sometimes I struggle to plan an activity to keep them occupied (yet still learning) while the rest of the class finishes.

Yesterday I stumbled across some great ideas at Babblin-Brooke to solve this problem and develop fine motor skills.


Take any container with a plastic top, add holes to the top, and keep little hands busy sticking pipe cleaners through the holes. I think when I make this I will cut the pipe cleaners small enough to fit inside the container for easy clean up and storage.


Similar idea, but this time with pom-poms.

These got me thinking and I can't wait to spin off these ideas and create other similar activities. Thanks Babblin-Brooke for the big ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment