Friday, February 10, 2012

Brown bear, Brown bear

My little kindergarteners worked hard on the story, "Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?" this week. This was a great story to follow up our "Colors Week" here at school. It was especially great for my immersion students since the English language structure is very repetitive.

Here is a peek at some of our work stations this week...

Retelling the story with stick puppets - animal pictures found here

Working on animal tangram puzzles - templates found here

We also used the clipart from DLTK to sequence the animals in the story. I made this worksheet for the students to color, cut out, and glue in order. Feel free to download if it is helpful for you.

For the grand finale, my students did an impromptu oral reading of the story to their fifth grade reading buddies. They were so proud of themselves, and so was I!

No comments:

Post a Comment